Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Now I remember why I have a husband

Driver is away tonight, and since he's not going to be gone long I was actually looking forward to being home by myself for a little bit. I could watch the All-Star game without him making comments about how stupid it was, and I could read blogs and write emails without feeling guilty about wasting our time together after Back Seat Girl goes to bed or answering the question "What are you reading?" when I really don't think he actually cares. Oh, and I get the WHOLE BED to myself.

So, this afternoon went like any other when I work. I picked up Back Seat Girl, brought her home, gave her a snack, played with her a bit, made her supper, took her out for ice cream (totally her idea, I swear), gave her a bath, and put her to bed. I came out of her room and looked around. No one had taken her bath toys out of the tub and emptied the water out. No one had even touched the supper dishes, and no one had emptied the dishwasher. My work bag was still sitting on the kitchen floor exactly where I left it. No one had turned the sprinkler off in the back yard. No one had picked up the living room or made coffee for the next day. "Oh, yea, that's right", I remember to myself. "I have to do everything when he's gone".

And that, my friends, is why I have a husband. I'm lazy.

2 comments:

Driver said...

awwww...
That was sweet, I think.

Anonymous said...

All I want to know is how can I get Gampa to do anything remotely like that.