Saturday, July 29, 2006

Hey-I turned 29 for the first time yesterday

Yesterday was my birthday, and I thought I was going out with Driver for dinner while a friend babysat for Back Seat Girl. So, I was ready by 5, which was the time Driver told me it was imperative I be ready to go. My friend arrived...what should we call her? HHMmm...the gymnast? radio groupie? Anyway, I'll call her The Gymnast for the rest of this post. So, The Gymnast arrives, and she's wearing a skirt, which I think is a little weird, but whatever. I tell Back Seat Girl "the Gymnast is here to play with you" like I'd been preparing her for all day. Driver comes down in some outfit I wasn't too pleased with because he had thus far been avoiding changing his clothes. I'm sitting on the couch wondering why Driver isn't giving The Gymnast babysitting instructions (he said he'd take care of EVERYTHING), when 3 of my girlfriends jump out from the kitchen and shout "SURPRISE!"

So, I spent my night gossiping, getting a manicure and pedicure (where we met another one of our friends), and eating at a cool Japanese restaurant with my girlfriends, and I had a blast. I am so lucky to have women like them in my life. So, thanks, ladies. I had a terrific birthday. I'm so happy I have friends like you and we've all become good friends. It's nice to have a 'gang'.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good time, I know I did. Happy Birthday! Thanks for sharing her, Driver!

Shotgun said...

godmother-
I heard my phone ringing, but I couldn't get to it in my purse since I had fresh pink nail polish on! Thanks for thinking of me. I'll post a picture of my beautiful toes and fingers if I don't ruin them at work today.

Shotgun said...

godmother-
I heard my phone ringing, but I couldn't get to it in my purse since I had fresh pink nail polish on! Thanks for thinking of me. I'll post a picture of my beautiful toes and fingers if I don't ruin them at work today.