Friday, August 11, 2006

Big Girl Bed: Morning One

Last night Back Seat Girl only woke up once, around 11:35. I picked her up and asked her what was wrong, but she couldn't tell me. She never tried to get out of bed, she just cried a little, and then told me to go out into the living room. She whined off and on for about an hour, but since she never really seems to be comforted by one of us going into her room, I let her go. She slept peacefully the rest of the night, and woke up a little before 7, talking like she normally does. When I went into her room she was still in her bed. She was sitting up at the end grabbing at the railing. When she saw me she announced, "I all done seeping in my big giwl bed". I asked her if Pork Roll liked sleeping in the big girl bed, and she replied emphatically,"Yea!". So, all in all, so far it's been a success. She went down for her nap a little while ago and I haven't heard a peep from her. She's definitely a little less sure about it when I first lay her down, but she seems to get over it pretty quickly. I still don't think it's dawned on her that she can get in and out of it on her own, pretty much whenever she wants. Hopefully, she won't realize that for a while.

Today I had a grand plan to go to Veteran's Park with Back Seat Girl where there is a huge playground and nice walking trails. So, we headed outside with the stroller--the big stroller-- and a bag with a few essentials. I opened the garage door, and sharply inhaled. There, in the garage, was not the wagon. Ringo was sitting there, in all his smallness. His smallness that is so small that I can't fit the stoller in the trunk. The only place the stroller will fit is sitting on end in the back seat, and that's precarious, at best. Since Back Seat Girl's car seat is behind the passenger seat, I had to put the stroller behind the driver's seat, but the driver's seat was stuck and wouldn't go down. So, I had to put the stroller behind the driver's seat from the passenger side in a two door car. Not an easy task. That means I had to wrestle it in and out from there at the park with people watching, too. Good times, good times. Oh, and I thought I was so smart last night because I noticed the changing pad and extra diaper in the wagon, so I left them in there so I would be sure to have them along. Also, my cell phone is in there. I hope Driver is enjoying the wagon. Oh, wait, the wagon is sitting in the US Bank parking lot, not doing anyone any good, so Driver can ride his bike that far and drive it the rest of the way home. Did I mention that our bike rack fits on BOTH of the cars? It does.

I almost forgot! I was downstairs putting towels into the washer, and a centipede ran out from one of them right next to my hand. After not screaming like a girl I ran upstairs and did what anyone in their right mind would do, I called Driver and told him to come home right now, because I had laundry to do. Do you know what he said? He said "oh, I've seen one there before (in the piles of dirty laundry waiting to go into the washer), but I decided not to tell you." Yea, why would he tell me when it would mean that possibly his clothes would stop appearing clean and folded on his bed at periodic intervals? So, I told him to find a new laundry fairy. And then he laughed. You would think 6 years of marriage would make him smarter than that.

No comments: