Monday, June 26, 2006

I just want a little peace

What I actually say to the nieghbor children: Nothing.

What I want to say: "Oh my god, why, why do you need to shout like that all of the time? Do you see me? I am 5 months pregnant, I got 4 hours of sleep last night, I am stiff and sore and can't take any ibuprofen, and I spent the morning chasing a toddler around, listening to her non-stop chatter, and wondering if it's time to forgive my husband or not. I am physically and emotionally exhausted. If you wake my kid up from her nap, I swear to you that I will be under your windows at 5 AM tomorrow screaming just as loud as you are now for no apparent reason. I can't see a crazed man chasing you with a knife, so I really don't see a reason for the loud shouting and blood-curdling screaming. Please, please, SHUT THE HELL UP!

P.S. For the love of god, how many of you are there, anyway?

P.S.S. If you don't feel sorry enough for me already, I would like to add that I also have a cold.

No comments: