Monday, May 19, 2008

Not a Cuddler

It's rainy and cold here today, and I'm in 'clean the house' mode, which is rare, and should be taken advantage of. Since we haven't really been following our weekly movie days around here now that it's finally been nice, I told Back Seat Girl she could watch a movie when she woke up from her nap. When she woke up the first words out of her mouth were "Can I watch Cinderella now?".

We went into the living room and I started the movie. Back Seat Boy was still sleeping, and BSG just looked so cute sitting on the couch excitedly waiting for her movie, that I asked if I could cuddle with her for a little while. I was already sitting next to her on the couch, and that was apparently enough for her. "You can just sit there", she told me. After a minute or so I leaned over and gave her a hug and kissed her on the cheek. She made a face and said "I told you you can sit next to me". Then she touched my leg with her toe and said "See, isn't this nice?"

I'm hoping she keeps this up into her teenage years. Should really reduce that teenage pregnancy risk.

No comments: