Monday, January 28, 2008

I swear she can read

We were at the pet store picking up food for Kahlua. A nice Petco employee was feeding the small animals and latched on to us. She showed Back Seat Girl the animals and asked lots of questions. At one point she asked BSG how old she was, to which BSG replied "three and a half". I don't know where she got that, but as of the 25th of this month she is three and a half. Maybe she can read the calendar? Sometimes she scares me.


Immediately after that BSG is looking at a cage of gerbils, and asks "are these the common mice?". Um, "common"mice? The Petco employee looks up at me, a bit startled. I shrug my shoulders. I don't believe I've ever uttered the phrase "common mice" before. Then the Petco employee takes BSG to the cage right next to that one where there is a sticker on one corner announcing that those were the common mice.


Dude. I thought we were just learning letter sounds. I'm a bit freaked out.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, now that is scary. What next....