Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sandbagger

I have been trying to get Back Seat Girl to write her name for a while now, but she has never really wanted to try. Every once in a while she'll give a half-hearted attempt to write an 'A', but otherwise it's been a no-go. I've never really pressed her too hard, she's not really into coloring, either. I've always had a feeling she could do it, though. Tonight we were just playing around in the playroom downstairs and she busted this out after I showed her how to do it once. ONCE. She's been walking around the house spelling her name ever since. Stubborn, thy name is our children.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MAM SAYS:
I'm so proud of her. Driver did the same thing at 4 1/2 years old. He not only wrote his name but MOM, DAD, and his sister's name! You are lucky to have it on paper, we had it on a chalk board. Kids are a kick!

Mama Wonder said...

She is an amazing girl!